Rubén J. García
Main Practice Areas
Labor and employment law
Real estate law
- More than 30 years’ experience in advising businesses and hotels in the Dominican Republic on labor and employment issues; recently negotiated a collective labor agreement for a very important client with a 1,600+ member union.
- Former professor of Labor Law at the Universidad Católica Nordestana and at the Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo.
- Legal advisor for the last 34 years to the most important real estate projects in Las Terrenas and Samaná areas.
- Legal counsel since 1994 to the Boxing Federation of the Dominican Republic.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, LL.M. in Labor Law, 1998.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, LL.B., 1982.
Recognitions and Memberships
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 Latin America survey.
- Founding member of the Asociación Humanitaria Domínico-Francesa.
- President of the Boxing Association of the Duarte Province, and national vice president of the Dominican Boxing Federation.
- Founding member of the Dominican Bar Association.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Duarte Savings and Loans Association (Asociación Duarte de Ahorros y Préstamos).