Main Practice Areas
Corporate and business
Commercial litigation and arbitration
Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Pamela Benzán Arbaje works as an associate attorney in the Santo Domingo office of the firm, proving legal assistance to clients and assisting the partners in the main Corporate and Business transactions. She is a graduate of the LL.M. program of the University of Cambridge, with a concentration in Intellectual Property, Competition Law, International Investment Law and Law and Economics, as well as from UNIBE law school, where she obtained a summa cum laude law degree.
Her main practice areas are Corporate and Business, Mergers and Acquisitions, Intellectual Property, Consumer Law, Competition Law, Project Finance, Banking, Insurance and Securities, International Trade and Investments and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
She has participated in complex transactions and negotiations with local government entities, multinationals, top-tier investment banks and international corporations established in the Dominican Republic, as well as in litigation cases regarding infringement to the Intellectual Property Laws and regulations.
- “The link between money laundering and intellectual property crimes: analysis of the new criminal framework for intellectual property in the Dominican Republic“, A Year In Review, International Bar Association, January 2018.
- “Women, Business and the Law” (co-author), World Bank Group, 2018.
- “Dominican Republic” (co-author) in Restructuring & Insolvency: London, Getting the Deal Through, 2018.
- “Dominican Republic” (co-author) in International Intellectual Property Law: The Year In Review, American Bar Association, 2016.
- “El vínculo entre el lavado de activos y los delitos de propiedad intelectual: nuevo marco penal en materia de propiedad intelectual”: Gaceta Judicial, núm. 366 (agosto 2017), pp. 66-78.
- Conflict of jurisdiction in condominium law in relation to collection of common expenses, 2010.
- University of Cambridge, Master of Law (LL.M), specialization in International Investment Arbitration, Antitrust Law, Intellectual Property and Economics of Law and Regulation, 2016
- Universidad Iberoamericana (UNIBE), LL.B, summa cum laude, 2014
Recognitions and Memberships
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 Latin America survey.
- Member of the Dominican Bar Association.