Julio Brea Guzmán
Main Practice Areas
Civil, commercial, administrative and real estate litigation
Real estate and condominium law
Corporate and business law
- More than 20 years’ experience in civil, commercial, administrative and real estate litigation.
- Legal advisor to the most important real estate and condominium projects in the Puerto Plata, Sosúa, Cabarete, Río San Juan and Cabrera areas.
- Has handled thousands of real estate transactions, from the most simple to the most complex.
- Experienced as an expert witness on Dominican law in Canada and the United States.
- Highly committed to pro bono work
- President of the Sosúa Association for the Disabled, a private, non-profit organization promoting the well-being of members of the community with physical disabilities.
- Vice president of the Puerto Plata Arbitration and Mediation Center.
- Member of the board of directors of the Puerto Plata Chamber of Commerce.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, Postgraduate degree in Civil Procedure (Litigation), 1999.
- Universidad Iberoamericana, J.D., cum laude, 1993.
Recognitions and Memberships
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 Latin America survey.
- Received Outstanding Lawyer Award from the Puerto Plata Bar Association.
- Member of the Dominican Bar Association.
- Member of the Interamerican Bar Association.