Office: Santo Domingo
Main Practice Areas
Real estate and land zone use permits
- Pioneer in the practice of environmental law in the Dominican Republic, and one of its most experienced practitioners.
- Advisor to the Senate of the Dominican Republic on environmental matters.
- Certified in environmental management.
- Represents the major producer of organic cacao in the Dominican Republic and the Caribbean on environmental issues.
- Advises tourism and real estate projects on land use, and the environmental feasibility of master plans, community issues, etc.
- Advises non-profit organizations and government institutions on projects with significant environmental impact.
- Audits businesses in many industries on environmental compliance and elaborates the pertinent environmental compliance reports.
- Implements the Program of Management and Environmental Adjustments (Programa de Manejo y Adecuación Ambiental) in projects in the construction, agribusiness and movie industries.
- Has participated in the development of strategies in significant environmental litigation.
- Has extensive experience coordinating multi-disciplinary technical teams in the elaboration of complex environmental studies.
- Expert in obtaining environmental authorizations ande exemptions for the development of tourism projects in sensitive natural areas.
- “Dominican Republic” (co-author) in Environment & Climate Regulation: London, Getting the Deal Through, 2017.
- Environmental Law Guide (co-author), London, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Legal Protection of the Tourist in Comparative Law (co-author), 2008.
- The Truthful Information as a Fundamental Right of the Individual: Universidad Iberoamericana, 2005.
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Posgraduate degree in environmental assessment and sustainability, 2011.
- Instituto Universitario Ortega y Gasset, Madrid, Advanced studies in the program “Contemporary Issues in the Information Society”, 2007.
- Instituto de Derecho Ambiental de la República Dominicana (IDARD), certified in environmental management in tourism, 2007.
- Universidad Iberoamericana (UNIBE), LL.B., 2005.
Recognitions and Memberships
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 Latin America survey.
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer by Chambers and Partners (C&P), 2012 and 2017, for her extensive experience in environmental law.
- Member of the legal committee of the National Network of Business Support for Environmental Protection (ECORED).
- Member of the Dominican Bar Association.