Main Practice Areas
Corporate and business
Mergers and acquisitions
- Main point of contact within the firm to several multinational and multilateral investment banks interested in financing opportunities in the Dominican Republic.
- Team leader of Guzmán Ariza’s corporate department tailored to address the international corporate clientele.
- Lead attorney in the first major bankruptcy case in the Dominican Republic under new bankruptcy law.
- Represented several multinationals in the Dominican Republic in complex contract negotiations with local government entities.
- Represented several market leader construction companies in the negotiation and resolution of labor disputes.
- Assisted companies in free trade zones in negotiations with unions.
- Arbitrator at the Santo Domingo Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Legal Committee of the National Association of Young Businessmen of the Dominican Republic (ANJE).
- Member of the legal committe of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Dominican Republic.
- Member of SCG Legal board of directors.
- “Dominican Republic” (co-author) in International Intellectual Property Law: The Year In Review, American Bar Association, 2016.
- “La cooperación en los procedimientos internacionales bajo el amparo de la Ley 141-15 sobre reestructuración y liquidación de empresas y personas físicas comerciantes”: Gaceta Judicial, núm. 366 (agosto 2017), pp. 52-59
- “Dominican Republic” (co-author) in Project Finance: London, Getting the Deal Through, 2018.
- “Dominican Republic” (co-author) in Environment & Climate Regulation: London, Getting the Deal Through, 2018.
- Secured Lending (co-author), Lexology Navigator, 2016.
- IFLR, 2016 Americas Regional Report: FDI-friendly reforms and incentives (co-author), 2016.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Dominican Republic, Global Legal Group, U.K., 2016.
- Project Finance Law Guide (co-author), Getting the Deal Through, U.K., 2015, 2016, 2017.
- IFLR, 2015 Americas Regional Report: Updating to attract FDI (co-author), 2015.
- Las cláusulas abusivas en el derecho de consumo (Abusive Clauses in Consumer Law): Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, Santiago, 2009.
Instituto de Empresa (IE Business School), Madrid, Spain, International Masters in Business Administration (MBA), 2008.
Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), LL.B., summa cum laude, 2007.
Tompkins Cortland College, New York, USA, Associate Degree in Business Administration, Mention in International Business, 2005, with honors.
Recognitions and Memberships
Recognized as a “Next generation lawyers” in Corporate and Finance in The Legal 500 Latin America 2017 survey.
Ranked as a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 Latin America survey.
Member of the Dominican Bar Association.
Member of the American Bar Association.
Member of the Dominican Association of Intellectual Property (ADOPI).
Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).