Main Practice Areas
Real estate and condominium law
Corporate and finance
- Legal advisor to major international hotel and resort chains and real estate developers on real estate, corporate, construction, labor, and tax matters in the eastern Dominican Republic (Punta Cana, Bávaro, Miches, La Romana and Bayahibe).
- Structured the most sophisticated and modern condominium in the Dominican Republic (Fishing Lodge at Cap Cana), and currently represents the largest and most complex condominium projects in the country, among them, Fishing Lodge, Golden Bear Lodge and Stanza Mare.
- Has handled thousands of real estate transactions, from the most simple to the most complex.
- Obtained one the largest sales executive job severance awards granted by a Dominican court.
- Expert on international taxation and estate planning.
- Lectures nationally on tax and corporate law and internationally on Dominican real estate law
- Former professor of public and constitutional law in Germany at Fachhochschule für Öffentliche Verwaltung in Schleswig-Holstein and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
- President of the Dominican-German Chamber of Commerce, Tourism and Industry of the Dominican Republic (AHK).
- President of the German Association of Chambers of Commerce, Tourism and Industry for Central America and the Caribbean (AHK Central America/Caribbean).
- The Tax Disputes and Litigation Review, The Law Reviews, U.K., 2016.
- Real Estate Law Guide (co-author), Getting the Deal Through, U.K., 2015, 2016.
- Die massgebende Sach-und Rechtslage für die Beurteilung der Rechtswidrigkeit des Verwaltungsaktes im verwatlungsgerichtlichen Anfechtungsprozess:Verfassungs- und Verwaltungsrecht unter dem Grundgesetz, Band 20, Frankfurt am Main, 1994. (The relevant factual and legal situation for assessing the illegality of the administrative act in the judicial challenging process: Constitutional and administrative law under the Constitution, Volume 20, Frankfurt am Main, 1994).
- UAPA (LL.B., magna cum laude, 2005).
- Robert Kennedy Universidad, Zurich, Switzerland (Postgraduate studies in International Tax Law, 2002).
- Christian Albrechts Universidad, Kiel, Germany (J.D., magna cum laude, 1995).
Recognitions and Memberships
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 Latin America survey.
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer in Chambers and Partners Latin America survey 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Member of the Dominican Bar Association.
- Member of the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA).
- Member of the Cross Border Business Lawyers (CBBL), worldwide network of German law firms.