Alfredo A. Guzmán
Main Practice Areas
Mergers and acquisitions
Banking, insurance and securities
Corporate and business Law
Real estate and condominium law
- Resident partner of the firm at the La Romana and Bávaro office.
- Assisted Fosun International, on the Dominican Republic aspects of the conglomerate’s US$428 million Hong Kong Stock Exchange IPO of their Tourism Group.
- Has handled multiple high-value real estate transactions at Casa de Campo Resort and Villas.
- Lead attorney in the debt restructuring of a high-end hotel holding company in the Punta Cana area.
- Assisted clients on matters related to public and private security offerings as well as in the registration of local commodity exchanges.
- Assisted in the amendment and execution of multimillion-dollar liens and mortgages registered against high-end real estate in Casa de Campo on behalf of large US national banks and mortgage processors.
- Chaired meetings of the largest home owners’ associations in the Dominican Republic.
- Counsel to a major shipyard and yacht distributor on maritime and commercial law (mortgages and executions, contracts, distribution and warranty agreements).
- Lecturer on limited liability companies.
- Quoted by The New York Times (2014 , 2016) on real estate law and tax matters.
- The Real Estate Law Review, The Law Reviews, United Kingdom, 2019.
- Real Estate – Dominican Republic Questionnaire (co-author), LatinLawyer Reference, 2018.
- M&A in the Dominican Republic (co-author), Lexology Navigator, 2018.
- Secured Lending (co-author), Lexology Navigator, 2016.
- Real Estate Law Guide (co-author), Getting the Deal Through, U.K., 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- Project Finance Law Guide (co-author), Getting the Deal Through, U.K., 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
- The functioning of limited liability companies, Pontificia Universidad Madre y Maestra, Dominican Republic, 2009.
- Corporate practice models (co-author), the only current book on company forms published in the Dominican Republic.
- Contributed in the preparation of the national mercantile registry regulations during the transition to the current Company Law in the Dominican Republic.
- Rochester Institute of Technology (R.I.T.), MBA, 2007.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) LL.B., summa cum laude, 2006.
Recognitions and Memberships
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 Latin America survey.
- Member of the Dominican Bar Association.
- Member of the American Bar Association.