Alberto Reyes Báez
Main Practice Areas
Mergers and acquisitions
Commercial and administrative litigation and arbitration
Contracts and torts
Telecommunications and technology
- Assisted the Ministry of Commerce of the Dominican Republic in the DR-CAFTA (Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement) negotiation rounds with the US government.Assists international banks in project finance transactions in the Dominican Republic.
- Assisted a large international hotel chain with its corporate restructuring in the Dominican Republic.
- Provided legal counsel to the construction company that built the Santo Domingo subway track.
- Assists large public work contractors in procurement bidding processes.
- Successfully represented a consortium of construction companies in several lawsuits against the Dominican government.
- Established important judiciary electoral and constitutional precedent before the Superior Electoral Court while arguing on behalf of a large Dominican political party.
- Professor of Contracts at the Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra in Santo Domingo.
- Arbitrator at the Santo Domingo Chamber of Commerce.
- Expert witness on Dominican law.
- Secured Lending (co-author), Lexology Navigator, 2016.
- Project Finance Law Guide (co-author), Getting the Deal Through, U.K., 2015, 2016, 2017.
- Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain, Postgraduate Studies in New Technologies Laws, 2003.
- Université de Paris, Panthéon – Assas, Paris 2, France, Diplôme supérieur de l´Université (DSU) in Commercial Law, 2003.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, LL. B., magna cum laude, 2002.
Recognitions and Memberships
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 Latin America survey.
- Member of the Dominican Bar Association.
- Member of the Interamerican Bar Association.