Guzman Ariza has extensive experience counseling clients, either commercial entities or individuals, in all stages of their business ventures in the Dominican Republic, the largest economy of Central America and the Caribbean. As such, our team of lawyers advises local and international clients in organizing start-ups, managing risks while growing in the local or international markets, incorporating new partners into their ventures, seeking funding for expanding operations, or just helping them in complying with all local laws that relate to doing business in the Dominican Republic.
Our legal team is especially knowledgeable in corporate and business law. Our name partner, Fabio J. Guzman Ariza, coauthored the only current reference work on company forms (Modelos para la práctica societaria). Partner Alfredo Guzman is the author of the only book on how limited liability functions in the Dominican Republic (El funcionamiento de las sociedades de responsabilidad limitada). Together, the two partners have contributed to preparing regulations for the transition to the current Dominican Company Law 479-08, and have published numerous articles on the subject.
In the area of corporate and business law, our expert team of lawyers offers a broad spectrum of services, such as the following:
• Incorporation of Dominican companies
• Incorporation of offshore companies
• Installation of branches in the Dominican Republic
• Joint ventures
• Corporate governance
• Annual and extraordinary shareholders’ and partners’ meetings, and management resolutions
• Management duties and liabilities
• Business and corporate acquisitions
• Mergers and divestments
• Due diligence
• Private and public offering of securities
• Liquidation and dissolution of companies
• Business contracts (distribution agreements, franchises, etc.)
• General advice on corporate structures to ensure good corporate governance throughout the life of your business
For more information, go to our publications on Corporate and Business.